The simple truth is, trampolines provide the best way to have fun while keeping fit all at once.
It’s so much fun that you will hardly remember you’re exercising until you’re breaking a sweat already. Not to mention that it brings the whole family together.
Take your children outdoors for bouncy fun in style. No more kids jumping on their beds. We have done the hard work for you; choose your favorite from our list of ten best rectangle trampolines.
All the info you need to make your decision is right here, model, size, shape, special features, warranty, installation, safety, and everything else you can think of.
Here is our list of 10 best rectangle trampolines.
It has lots of room and the thick foam will add to your comfort as you have lots of bouncy fun
Summit trampoline has great bounce. Just the right kind you need to keep your bones healthy
The Jumpking is designed to keep your bouncy, playful kids having fun safely
Your mind can be at peace as they practice what they have learned and improved their motor coordination skills on this Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline
Family fun has never been better with Skywalker trampoline adding to the bounce with its unique feature, the spring pad
High and easily controlled bounce which you experience while you use this trampoline is unmatched anywhere else
In-ground trampolines are considered to be the safest type of trampolines compared to others
How to Install
- Your trampoline is likely to come in more than one box which may arrive separately. But this should not be an issue at all; it’s possible they’ll arrive together and if they don’t you can be sure that all the parts will arrive safe and sound.
- Once you have confirmed that all the parts are there as indicated in the product manual. Take some time to read through the instruction manual. It contains the information you need to set up the trampoline. You are advised to save the manual for future reference, and with good reason.
- Make sure you have any additional tools that may be needed on hand like the multitool (not included with trampoline), 2 adjustable wrenches (for putting the trampoline together) and a rubber mallet to make assembly easier.
- It helps to lay everything somewhere within reach. Also ensure they are in groups i.e. springs, legs, bars, jump pad, for easy picking.
- Start with the frame. This is the foundation of the trampoline and should be sturdy and well built.
- Follow the detailed instructions in the manual to ensure it is sturdy. We want your first jump to be memorable, not occasioned by an arm twist owing to poor assembly.
- Next, add the springs. Ok, I know what you’re thinking but this not need be a complicated process if you follow the manual.
- Also, it helps to not rush things; it would equate to throwing away your hard earned money if you fixed it wrongly and ended up spoiling some parts.
- Having your gloves on will spare your hands from pinching, springs are known to do that.
- Then comes the spring protector followed by the enclosure. Remember to assemble the posts while still not attached to the frame, cover the posts with padding, place caps on the end of the postings and secure the mat to the pole by lining up the hole and screwing the mat anchor into place.
- This process should get your trampoline up and running for some real jumping fun.
- Installing in-ground trampoline
- This is where the rubber really meets the road. You’ll start by digging a 3-foot deep hole for the legs. But if your mind is set on it, this is no hurdle.
- The trampoline itself can be assembled within 90 minutes and the process is not much different compared to the others. Follow the instructions as explained in the product manual to install the structure successfully.
- Ensure you have enough space for the particular trampoline you want to purchase. It would be tragic if you got one but couldn’t fit it in your yard.
- The ground on which you place it should be leveled.
- Use the trampoline in a well-lighted area. If the trampoline is indoors or in a shady area you may need to use artificial light.
- In addition to these, find more safety tips on your manual. The featured manufacturers have them posted on their website just in case you need an extra copy.
Care and maintenance
When all is said and done, how well you care and maintain your trampoline plays a big role in determining how much fun you can have and for how long.
Here are a few pointers:
- Keep off all cute pets
To begin with, avoid damage to the trampoline and enclosure, by not allowing pets or animals inside the enclosure. We know you love them but this rule here is for the best.
- Adhere to allowed weight limits
It’s simple, wait your turn. The trampoline is intended to be used by one person at a time of the weight specified by the manufacturer or children of the same weight cumulatively.
- Right trampolining gear
You should be either barefoot, wearing socks, or wearing gymnastic shoes. Avoid jumping in your street shoes or tennis shoes.
- No place for sharp objects
In any case, remove all sharp objects from you. It is a dangerous and reckless to have anything that could cause an injury. Heavy, sharp, or pointed hard objects should never touch the mat. Do not go against your better judgment.
- Right placement
We have touched on the importance of keeping your trampoline under the shade or indoors when not in use. Do not downplay this. Continued exposure over a long period of time to the sun, especially to ultraviolet rays, will shorten the life of the enclosure fabric.
It also helps to remove the enclosure from the trampoline during harsh weather conditions or during long periods of non-use.
- High Wind
Be wary of this. It is possible for the trampoline and enclosure to be blown about by high winds. Move the trampoline and enclosure to a sheltered location when strong winds are expected.
- Keep it clean
And yes, keep your trampoline clean. Dirt will reduce its lifespan by damaging the mat and other parts. Clean it with soapy water and soft brush every once in a while.
- Check your trampoline regularly
Take time to check for wear and tear or tension on the jumping mat. See if the frame is bent, or whether the springs are stretched excessively. This will prevent injury and as well prolong the life of your trampoline.
We know that this is a real issue when it comes to choosing the right trampoline for you. We must admit that when some warranties on the listed trampolines are appealing some could be better. With a bit of luck, you’ll never need to use it, but having a warranty will give you peace of mind, knowing you’ve bought a product that’s confidently backed by its manufacturer.
The Skywalker trampolines, on one hand, are covered to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service conditions. The steel frame is warranted for 1 year while the other parts are warranted for 90 days from the day of purchase.
The In-ground Rectangular Trampoline, on the other hand, is warranted for 5 years on the frame and 180 months on all other parts. We know that you want your warranty to be as long as possible, however, our collection of ten best rectangle trampolines is compiled following lots of research to ensure only the best are featured, warranty included.
In the very end…
Take care of your trampoline, and in return, it will reward you with years of uninterrupted fun. NASA reiterates that trampoline jumping is an effective form of exercise. We all want our kids and ourselves to stay active especially with obesity cases on the rise. Get them off their play stations and videos and onto the trampoline.
We recommend that you acquire a model that can accommodate all users, and plan ahead for weight allowance if you know your children will still be jumping in their teens. The trampoline can be used any time of the day as long as it is installed properly and in a well-lit place.
What’s more, if you are not comfortable jogging by the road or at the park, you just put on your socks and jump the tummy away.
How can you beat that!
The featured brands are by manufacturers with years of experience. They offer service options in case there is a problem with your purchase. You can tell from the variety and quality that they really know and love their trampolines. We bet they have one or two in their backyards too.
Each manufacturer provides an authentic list of authorized retailers on their website. It helps to look at the list before making a decision to avoid scammers.
Safety dictates that your ground has a level for proper trampoline installation. You are advised to contact a contractor or Landscape Design Company in regards to leveling your yard.
Experts’ advice that during the winter months, the trampoline enclosure net, spring pad, jump mat, springs and foam should be removed and stored in a dry place to prolong its life.
The trampoline is rated for children 6 years old and above. We recommend no more than one jumper on the trampoline at a time and to obey all weight limit restrictions listed in your owner’s manual.
It is recommended to have one supervised person on the trampoline at a time, within the recommended weight limit. Follow manufacturer’s instructions on children jumpers.
Generally, trampolines can last for many years with proper care and maintenance. Be sure to contact your manufacturer if you notice any defects.
This information is provided by the manufacturer. It is advisable to ask before purchase to be sure it’s the right fit for you.
We understand that you have specific features you are looking for in your perfect trampoline. And we have listed the 10 best trampolines of 2017 with your needs in mind. Should you have other concerns and questions, feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.
The Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline is definitely a winner today! It has higher weight capacity than most traditional round trampolines. It also dual zipper and latch clip closure system that keeps kids safe! Not to mention the UV light protection.
But before we go, when you finally get your perfect The Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s regulations for safe use. The safety of your loved ones is important to us too.