Today, choosing a quiet air compressor is a must in many industries. A good compressor that is also quiet could prove to be a great asset for your air supply needs and could spell the difference between a successful project and a failed one.
When shopping for the best quiet air compressor, it is recommended to understand how each configuration works and to discover what each top brand has to offer.
It is also important to be aware of the differences between air compressors and to discover how each one of these devices appeals to your needs. But most importantly, it is imperative to grasp the importance of having a low noise level.
If you are still not convinced that an ultra-quiet air compressor is good for your team, discover the top 10 most popular air compressors on the market below.
You will be astounded to find out how many benefits these products can provide.
Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 Air Compressor
For the sake of time, we will look at the most powerful option, the 8-gallon tank.
- The Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 8 gallon is oil-free, maintenance free, and is able to produce 125 PSI at 2.4 CFM
- Specially designed for the following activities: hobby painting, inflation, nailing and stapling
- This unit can be used together with the 3-in-1 inflation gun, the 17 piece accessory kit and the air hose, all available from Campbell Hausfeld
- The components can last up to 4 times longer thanks to the innovative dual piston pump system
- Produces up to 25% more air compared to other similar 1 HP air compressors
- 1-year full warranty, 90 days commercial warranty
Here’s the deal.
Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 is a unique air compressor built by a reputable company with decades of experience under its belt. Since 1836, Campbell Hausfeld has been fabricating industrial and agricultural equipment. Their products are of upmost quality.
Providing an oil-free experience, extended life and improved reliability, this air compressor might rock your world – literally. If you are looking for a reliable quiet air compressor that would last long in time, then the Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 might be an excellent choice for you
- Extremely powerful and reliable: this unit can produce up to 25% more air using the same energy
- Dual piston pump system engineered for extended life and superior performance
- This unit’s components are specially created to last four times more than standard air compressor components
- Created by a company with over 150 years of experience in the industry
- Superior motor performance due to the oil-free pump
- Gorgeous design that sparks interest
- Highly portable: the DC080500 from Campbell Hausfeld offers an astounding degree of portability due to its lightweight build, durable wheels and long-lasting handle
- This unit is made and assembled in the USA using only high-quality materials. This alone could convince many customers to choose it over its competition
- No storage mechanism for the hose included in the package
- It is not that stable, especially when located on the muddy or uneven ground. If you want to transport it in the back of a van, make sure to stabilize it
back to menu ↑
California Air Tools CAT-5510A Aluminum Portable Electric Portable Air Compressor
Being available for over one year now, the CAT-5510A from California Air Tools has only 60 decibels of sound and can easily accommodate any projects without endangering the workers. In other words, you can stay near this air compressor for hours and work ceaselessly, without having to wear any headphones. Your ears will be just fine!
Are you eager to learn more?
- This is an oil-free machine that can be cleaned extremely easy
- Includes a 5.5-gallon aluminum tank that is extremely lightweight (only 37.5 lbs)
- Is equipped with an oil-free dual piston pump that provides you with a lifecycle of over 3000 hours of usage
- Non-rusty aluminum tank
- Includes wheel kit for easy transportation
- Low amp draw of only 8.5 AMP for energy savings
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- Includes air compressor & air filter
Being made of high-grade aluminum, equipped with a powerful motor and an advanced oil-free pump for reduced costs and less maintenance, the California Air Tools CAT-5510A makes quite a statement in the air compressor industry.
This portable electric air compressor is one of the quietest air compressors you can find on the market, having only 60 decibels.
If this isn’t what you are looking for in terms of quietness, then what could be better?
- Solid build: this air compressor looks extremely durable and can withstand scratches with ease due to the all-aluminum casing
- The design is not bad: it’s obvious that the team behind this unit have also taken aesthetics into consideration when designing the CAT-5510A
- The oil-free pump is just exquisite: it is small, requires low to no maintenance and helps cut down costs by up to 20%.
- Moreover, it offers you over 3,000 hours of use, compared to most other air compressors available on the market that can only give you around 500 hours
- Ultra quiet: at only 60 decibels this is one of the quietest air compressors you can find
- The wheels are quite low quality, made of plastic. The air compressor might get stuck when carried on rough terrain
- The handle is too short: this makes it hard for tall men to carry the device around
back to menu ↑
DEWALT DWFP55130 Quite Air Compressor
Although this is not the quietest air compressor out there and not the best looking, the DEWALT DWFP55130 stands out on the market due to its exquisite performance. This device is up to 15% faster than any other air compressor in its price range.
To top it all, the DEWALT DWFP55130 has a bulky design with a sturdy roll cage that protects the components and the compressor from damage. Weighing only 41 pounds, this air compressor can be carried around with ease due to the smooth sides and quality handle.
Did we manage to stir up your curiosity?
- Low 12 amp draw to reduce breaker tripping and provide quick start-up
- 5-gallon tank that comes with 200 max PSI to deliver up to 3 cubic feet per minute
- Tested ISO 1217
- Bulky design and high-quality roll cage for maximum protection and ease of transportation
- Can be stored both in horizontal or vertical positions
- Has a low gravity center which makes it very stable
- Electric air compressor at 120 volts and 1.1 HP
- Comes with a limited 1-year warranty
This quiet air compressor for garage is kind of bulky, but it is also extremely powerful and fairly quiet. At 71.5 decibels, the DEWALT DWFP55130 is as quiet as it gets for an air compressor its size. The fact that it is easy to carry around and to store makes this product a must-have for any commercial or residential users.
This unit is extremely stable due to the low gravity center and makes for a great companion in severe or harsh weather. No wind or even tornado will be able to take this unit away. The convenient cord wrap goes hand in hand durable handle to enable you to store this air compressor with ease.
Being equipped with dual quick couplers and having low 12 amp draw, you can use this unit with multiple nailers. You can basically do your job much faster without losing precious seconds between charge-up.
- Can easily be stored in both horizontal or vertical position
- It is highly portable due to the smooth handle and sides
- The DEWALT DWFP55130 is protected against scratches and falls thanks to the durable, high-grade metal roll cage
- Exquisite performance by storing more air and by quick recharging of pressure when it drops below 165 psi
- High torque motor that starts extremely fast, even in freezing conditions of 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- When used extensively, it vibrates extremely much. Therefore it is not a very good choice for residential, in-house projects
- Might lose pressure from time to time
Video about DEWALT DWFP55130
back to menu ↑
Rolair JC10 1 HP Oil-Less Compressor with Overload Protection
At 42.9 pounds, this electric-powered compressor is not the best choice if you need portability. However, it is definitely a very good choice if you need a reliable, quiet compressor for light duty residential jobs. It starts with a purr, airs up in less than a minute and refills again in 8-10 seconds after a short burst of air.
This compressor can easily keep with every nailer you use, and might even be able to accommodate multiple jobs at once. Thanks to its lightweight design, you can even move it around with ease. However, remember that it comes with no wheels, so portability is not one of its strengths.
Here are some extra facts about this quiet airbrush compressor.
- 35 CFM at a standard 90 PSI: this unit is lightweight and can only accommodate light duty jobs
- Equipped with a 1725 RPM motor that does its job extremely well
- 5 tank that stores enough air for your daily jobs
- Cast aluminum cylinder protected by metal bars
- 1 HP motor that is electric-powered
- Warranty from the seller
- 8 amp motor
Now here’s the bottom line.
The Rolair JC10 1 HP air compressor is an extremely reliable air compressor that does its job flawlessly. Perfect for light duty jobs, this device is super quiet and is extremely easy to store due to its small size.
- Very quiet operation, with no vibrations whatsoever
- Extremely easy to install and to use
- Can perform multiple jobs over a short period of time
- Perfect for light commercial & residential jobs
- Quick air build-up time
- Extremely quiet: this compressor is one of the quietest air compressors out there. Users who have measured its noise level have managed to get between 65 and 67 decibels, which is under the average of 75 decibels
- Equipped with rubber feet to absorb vibration, protect the roll cage and deaden sound
- Easy access drain valve and anti-rust filter for ease of maintenance
- The oil-less piston pump ensures ease of cleaning and reliable use, even in muddy work conditions
- Not the best design: Rolair JC10 is by no means a beautiful air compressor, such is the case for California Air Tools CAT-5510A
- The roll cage is not able to protect the intake muffler
- Lack of portability
back to menu ↑
California Air Tools 10020C Air Compressor
Due to its 2 HP, oil-free pump and low amp draw 14 amps, this device makes a good companion for larger residential projects and small commercial works. With a tank size of 10 gallons, this portable unit can accommodate over 3,000 hours of work.
Want to find out more?
- Large 10-gallon tank
- Equipped with two large wheels for ease of transportation and safe storage
- Powerful 2 HP motor that operates at 1680 RPM
- Oil-free dual piston that comes with a lifecycle of 3000 hours
- No-load start up thanks to the easy start valve
- Very quiet: at 70 decibels this unit falls into the category of quiet air compressors
- Overheating protection
- Delivers 40 psi at 6.40 CFM or 90 PSI at 5.30 CFM
- Comes in two styles: auto drain or manual drain
- Can be purchase in two versions: 110V or 220V
This quiet air compressor is extremely easy to use, set up and move around. Due to its good-looking aspect, it can be used for all types of commercial projects where the working environment dictates cleanliness and utility.
- It is equipped with high-quality, reliable wheels for ease of transportation and storage
- Can be personalized according to the customer needs: this unit comes with two universal connectors, two types of drain and two sizes of voltage
- The 2 HP are powerful enough for any commercial or residential operation
- The 1-year warranty protects your investment in case of accidents
- The easy start valve feature ensures a smooth start
- Not the best quality of materials: the California Air Tools 10020C is made of low-quality materials that are not resistant to scratches or accidents
- The manual drain valve is quite hard to open
- This unit is not as quiet as other similar air compressors
- Quite heavy: at 82 pounds, the 10020C is one of the heaviest quiet air compressors available on the market
California Air Tools 10020C
Video about California Air Tools 10020C
back to menu ↑
California Air Tools 8010 Quiet Air Compressor
The powerful motor of this unit operates at 1680 rpm seamlessly, creating a minimum amount of noise. Thanks to the dual piston pump system, you get increased durability and boosted performance for prolonged periods of time. Just like any other air compressors from California Air Tools, the 8010 has a lifecycle of 3,000 hours.
- It is equipped with a dual-piston pump system that has an extended lifecycle of over 3,000 hours
- Oil-free pump that is extremely easy to clean and less susceptible to dirt, dust or rust
- Extremely quiet, at only 60 decibels
- Made from high-graded steel that withstands cold temperatures
- 90 PSI at 2.20 CFM or 40 PSI at 3.10 CFM
- Has a fast recovery time of only 30 seconds from 90 PSI to 120 PSI
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- Lightweight: this portable air compressor can be easily moved from one side of the construction site to the other
If you need a highly portable air compressor that does its job flawlessly and is also extremely quiet, then there is no better choice than California Air Tools 8010. This device is possibly the quietest air compressor available today, with noise levels that are almost inexistent.
Want to discover the pros and cons of this unit?
- Beautiful design that complements a wide array of tastes and meshes very well into the overall environment of a construction site
- Powerful motor that can peak 2.0 HP
- Equipped with an oil-free pump that takes any maintenance worry out of discussion and helps you cut the maintenance costs
- Extremely lightweight unit of only 48 lbs
- The California Air Tools 8010 is very easy to transport and store, not just due to its lightweight construction, but also because of the big wheels and sturdy frame
- Can be used in a variety of temperatures and environments, including muddy or uneven terrain
- Ideal for any interior or exterior project where noise is a major issue
- The handle is quite frail: do not lean on it, as it might bend easily
- It might experience a short decrease in pressure after it passes the 50 psi range
back to menu ↑
California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Air Compressor
Of course, this air compressor is also extremely small, weighing only 29 pounds and having the following dimensions: 12.8 x 13.6 x 15 inches.
Since it was released one year ago in September 2016, this small air compressor has been chosen by thousands of residential customers for their in-house projects. Being easy to assemble, transport and maintain, this unit makes for an excellent choice for any light residential job.
Do you need one of these units?
- Ultra quiet: at maximum power, this air conditioner will not produce more than 56 decibels of noise
- Weighs only 29.5 lbs
- Is equipped with a small 0.6 HP motor that can produce 1.20 CFM at 90 PSI
- Its capacity is just 1 gallon
- Just like any other California Air Tools products, this unit has a lifecycle of over 3,000 hours
- Can peak 1.2 HP
- Single piston pump that is oil-free
- 1 year limited warranty
Now, this is truly an excellent air compressor for any light duty job. Even when running at maximum capacity at 1.2 HP, this unit does not exceed the 56 decibels limit. You can use this air compressor for nail guns, airbrushes, staple guns, finish nail guns or blowguns.
Need more information?
- Ideal for indoor projects where noise is a major issue
- Top-notch quality
- Stable unit
- Can be easily carried around due to its lightness and sturdy handle
- Plenty of extra pressure for multiple jobs at once
- The 1-gallon tank is extremely small, thus making this unit ineffective for most jobs
- The California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S is not the most secure and most protected air compressor available today
back to menu ↑
DEWALT D55167 Quite Air Compressor
This heavy unit is fully equipped and comes with two unique features: the air regulator and the high-floor coupler. The pressure-volume allows for an average noise of 78 decibels. At its capacity and power, the level of noise is excellent for this device.
Have we captured your attention yet?
- Maximum 200 PSI that allows for an extremely long airtime
- Quick compressor recovery time: 4.8 SCFM at 90 PSI
- High-pressure technology that delivers improved air-tool runtimes
- Durable handle that allows for easy transformation
- High-flow coupler for improved performance
- Includes air regulator for maximized runtime
- Extremely heavy: 104 pounds
This portable, electric-powered air compressor is heavy and bulky enough to help you tackle any medium or heavy residential job. Due to its oil-free pump, this unit is very easy to maintain. The durable metal console comes with easy-to-read gauges and is extremely practical.
To top it all, the design of this air compressor is just gorgeous. The yellow & black mesh is perfect for people who love to have a nice-looking compressor by their sides.
- Great design that complements a wide range of tools
- Oil-free, easy to maintain unit
- Is equipped with an advanced, efficient high-pressure technology that improves the air-tool runtime and ensures you always have enough power to your devices
- The air relief valve is easy to operate
- Pretty quiet, considering that this is a powerful air compressor
- Extremely bulky and not so easy to carry around
- Takes time to drain it after work
back to menu ↑
Briggs & Stratton Air Compressor
The Briggs & Stratton Air Compressor comes in 3 sizes: the 1.8-gallon, 3-gallon or 4.5-gallon. You can choose your favorite option based on your air needs. This versatile air compressor allows you to perform a wide variety of tasks using pneumatic tools.
You can use it to perform repair jobs in your garage, do craft & maintenance projects around the house, perform industrial projects in the shop or tackle construction projects on the job site.
While it is recommended to use an air compressor 80 gallon or air compressor 60 gallon for large industrial & commercial projects, the Briggs & Stratton Air Compressor comes close to the performance of powerful air compressors due to its powerful four-pole induction motor.
Learn more about this unit below.
- Extremely quiet due to the modified QPT air compressor
- Leverages the benefits of Quiet Power Technology to enable the motor to last 3 times longer
- Enjoys the convenience of an oil-free pump
- Limited vibration & stability due to the solid build
- Weighs only 61 pounds, despite its bulky aspect
- Black-matte finish that looks gorgeous
- 1 HP motor
- 1-year warranty
- Comes in 3 sizes: 1.8-gallon, 3-gallon or 4.5 gallon
The air compressor from Briggs & Stratton is considered by many customers the single best & most quiet unit on the market. Being equipped with rugged wheels for ease of transportation, a powerful motor, easy-to-use buttons and cold weather start feature, this air compressor can easily be used to tackle any residential, commercial or even industrial job. Best of all, it does all that without making any noise.
We recommend you to try this compressor for any residential or commercial jobs, except light-duty ones. Leverage the smart features of the Briggs & Stratton 4.5-Gallon air compressor and work better, without the annoyance of disturbing sounds. You can now work seamlessly from the comfort of your home and still be able to hear yourself think.
- Extremely safe due to the heavy-duty build, high-quality materials and stability of the compressor
- 80% quieter than most other Briggs & Stratton air compressors
- Includes workplace & environment safety features
- Offers limited vibrations due to the sturdy frame and low center of gravity
- Great design and convenient aspect that makes it super easy to carry around
- Works great for any activity around the house
- Builds up pressure fairly quickly
- No oil to change, so less time spent on maintenance
- The release valve is cheap plastic and might break on pressure
- The 1 HP motor is not the most suitable choice for the 4.5-gallon option
back to menu ↑
Hyundai HHC8QCC Air Compressor
This unit takes advantage of the vertical design to provide minimum footprint, ease of access and quick set up. Hyundai HHC8QCC is also equipped with a removable ergonomic handle, perfectly placed not too high, nor low, for effortless transport. To top it all, the consolidated control panel features an angled interface that can be personalized according to your preferences in a matter of seconds.
Did we get you interested?
- The Hyundai HHC8QCC comes with a powerful 8-gallon electric motor that enables you to do multiple jobs at the same time
- Easy to access control panel that contains all the buttons you need for a flawless experience
- All-black metal casing that protects the compressor
- Includes rear storage pockets that let you store your favorite tools, plus keep loose hardware
- The tool storage tray is perfect for storing additional tools
- Dual piston motor that runs seamlessly at only 68 decibels
- Compatible with a wide range of Hyundai tools
- Pretty lightweight for its power: 62.8 pounds
- Warranty from the manufacturer
The Hyundai HHC8QCC is definitely not your average air compressor. This portable unit looks gorgeous, is extremely stable, comes with a handy tool tray, features a consolidated control panel for quick access, and two quick couplers for ease of use.
This marvelous air compressor has only 68 decibels, which is the exact volume of a conversation. You can use it anywhere, including your shed or room, without disturbing any other person. Thanks to its vertical posture, this unit takes less space in your vehicle, garage or shed. You can also carry it with ease there, thanks to built-in wheel kit, ergonomic handle and low gravity center.
- This air compressor is equipped with a unique tool storage tray that makes it very easy to store important tools. You no longer have to put them on the ground and accidentally trip on the cables.
- The control panel is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Moreover, thanks to the standard quick couplers, you can actually use the unit with just one hand. This helps you save precious time
- The powerful motor runs at very low rpm, which makes the whole unit extremely silent
- This device is perfect for people who require portability, ease of use and quick storage
- Very easy to set up and to use
- The design is very nice and the quality of the materials is exquisite
- The limit switch used for the pressure might start turning on and off accidentally
- No adjustment for tank pressure whatsoever
- The all-black design might not be appealing to some users
Hyundai HHC Series Ultra Quiet Air Compressor
Video about Hyundai HHC Series Ultra Quiet Air Compressor
back to menu ↑
How to Buy the Best Quiet Air Compressor for Your Needs
For example, if you need to use it for in-house projects, choose a quiet, light compressor that does not disturb other family members. If you need a rough, powerful compressor for bigger residential or even commercial jobs, go with an air compressor 30 gallon or air compressor 20 gallon that enables you to use more pneumatic tools at the same time.
If the installation design of an air compressor is important for you, and reliability and ease of transportation are crucial, select a unit that looks great and can be easily moved from one place to another.
back to menu ↑
Air compressors are well famed for being extremely loud. We all know that to be true. Even when using a modern oil-lubricated compressor, the amount of noise might exceed the recommended level and you might notice how your ears start ringing. If you’ve ever had Tinnitus, you know what we’re talking about.
By being exposed for a prolonged period of time to these loud noises, all without hearing protection on, you are exposing yourself to serious hearing damage, and ultimately deafness. That’s why it is imperative to choose an ultra-quiet air compressor.
Generally speaking, most air compressors operate at between 50 and 90 decibels. At over 75 decibels, the ear can be affected by the noise. Hearing damage and even hearing loss can occur. A good quiet air compressor should not operate at more than 75 decibels. The quietest air compressors can go as low as 50 decibels, being perfect for long-term usage.
All the air compressors reviewed below operate at less than 75 decibels, making them ideal for any industrial, commercial or residential project that requires constant use of the device.
back to menu ↑
Pressure and Volume
Since 2014, when the Government has started to enforce more honest ratings, today all air compressor manufacturers need to be honest when listing a certain pressure volume. Thus, you can be sure that our reviewed air compressors have the correct pressure volume.
Pressure represents the volume of air that passes through an orphic plate. Also known as CFM, this is the maximum output of the pump. In simpler terms, a larger CFM means that you will be able to use the air compressor to power multiple air tools simultaneously.
Usually, lighter compressors have a CFM of around 1.5, while heavy-duty compressors can go as high as 100 CFM. Of course, pressure goes hand in hand with horsepower and motor RPM.
Depending on the operations you want to do, it is important to purchase an air compressor that comes with a pressure close to what you need. For example, if you need the unit mainly for shears, rotational sander or needle scalar, you should buy a unit with a CFM of between 8 and 16. For a framing or brad nailer, a 1.5 CFM should suffice. For a speed saw or nibbler, get a unit with a CFM of 4-5.
back to menu ↑
Does it really matter?
Since all air compressors are different, ease of installation plays a crucial role in ensuring that you get the best package for your needs. When ordering an air compressor 80-gallon, 60-gallon or 40-gallon, it is imperative to hire a project manager that oversees the whole installation project and ensures the whole process is up to the highest standards.
However, if you choose to buy one of the interior-use compressors showcased above, you might have to design your compressor room in order to transform it into an air-compressor safe place. Start by ensuring that you have enough space for auxiliary equipment. Make sure there is no clutter on the floor and that there are no objects standing in your way when you work.
Another important aspect to consider before buying a quiet air compressor is the clear air intake. For trouble-free, highly-efficient operation, you have to ensure that your compressor gets the cleanest air possible. Small particles of dirt & dust can cause wear & strain on the motor, while corrosive gases are extremely damaging for the unit.
Ultimately, ensure that the room is properly ventilated. Since your air compressor will generate a lot of heat, you need to place it near a strong ventilation system. Preferably, the air coming from outside should be cold.
back to menu ↑
back to menu ↑
The size tank is also extremely important when deciding to buy an air compressor. The larger the tank, the more air the unit will be able to store.
For example, if you use a nailer and you need it for shorter bursts, a small tank size should suffice. Conversely, if you want to use an impact wrench or a board sander, you should get a unit with a larger tank size.
When talking about tank size, we also need to take into consideration the tank style. The one suitable for you depends on your unique needs. You can choose from hand carry, pancake, hotdog, pontoon, horizontal portable (such is the case of most California Air Tools air compressors) and vertical portable (Hyundai HHC8QCC).
When selecting the tank style, also take into consideration your space needs, your storage capacity and your unique style of work.
back to menu ↑
Maintaining your air compressor is a must for extending its lifespan and saving a whole lot of time. The benefits of modern quiet air compressors are that they are electric, so you don’t have to change the oil. This is a greasy, ugly job that can take several minutes and might leave your hands extremely dirty. In case you have an old air compressor that requires oil drainage, we recommend you to switch to a new one.
An important aspect of maintaining your air compressor is replacing the air filter. Replacing the air filter regularly is a must, especially if you want to ensure your unit will last longer in time, and your projects will run smoothly. Usually, replacing the air filter is incredibly easy. All you have to do is to locate the air filter room, turn open the lid and replace the old with the new.
Additionally, you might have to replace the worn compressor belt. For this, consult the manual of the air compressor and look for replacing tips online.
Ultimately, you need to ensure routine maintenance, such as cleaning your air compressor, oiling it and fixing any broken parts.
back to menu ↑
Lastly, when looking to buy a quiet air compressor, you need to consider the warranty period. Usually, warranty for air compressor covers anything from component failure to compressor failure, leakages, lack of power and decrease in performance.
Every manufacturer has their own warranty, so you need to read the warranty leaflet or manual carefully before buying a certain unit. While some companies offer only 1-year limited warranty for lighter units, other manufacturers can offer as much as 20 years for heavy-duty, industrial air compressors.
Most air compressors reviewed above come with a standard 1-year warranty, while other come with specific warranties from the seller. As a rule of thumb, modern light-duty compressors all come with one-year warranty.
Even if you use them on a daily basis, they should not fail in the first year. Usually, an air compressor can last you up to 10 years without having any kind of malfunctions whatsoever.
If it is important to you, it is wise to contact the manufacturer prior to placing an order. Inquire them if they can offer you an extended warranty for a certain sum of money.
back to menu ↑
Here are some questions you should be asking when searching for a quiet air compressor:
What air compressors are the quietest on the market?
California Air Tools CAT-5510A and California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S are by far the quietest air compressors available today.
What compressors are the most suitable for indoor jobs?
In addition to the compressors from California Air Tools, which are lightweight and extremely quiet, the Rolair JC10 and Briggs & Stratton Air Compressor are also great options for indoor use.
What compressors are the best for outdoor residential & commercial jobs?
A: The DEWALT D55167, Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 and DEWALT DWFP55130 are those heavy units that can help you tackle any medium-size jobs.
Have you chosen your favorite air compressor? We did! Read on to find out our pick!
Here we are, at the end of this lengthy review. Now, with all being said, there is only one thing left – to crown the winner.
After numerous debates, our team has chosen a winner – it is no other than Campbell Hausfeld DC080500. Even though California Air Tools 8010 came close to beating this model, we decided that the unit from Campbell Hausfeld is simply the best quiet air compressor.
Our winner offers the best performance at only 1 HP, is equipped with high-quality components that last 4 times longer, is very easy to carry around, and most of all it is incredibly quiet, producing only 68 decibels. Even though it is not the quietest air compressor we reviewed, this unit is far more powerful and reliable than the lighter & quieter units from California Air Tools.
This unit is manufactured by a company that has over 150 years of experience in the industrial equipment niche, so you can bet that their air compressors are all high-quality. You can get the Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 in 4 unique options, from 1.3-gallon to 8-gallon, in order to accommodate a wide variety of interior and exterior jobs. Due to the oil-free pump, this gorgeous unit is extremely easy to maintain and offers superior motor performance.
All-in-all, choosing a quiet air compressor is a must in most residential &light commercial projects. Choosing the right air compressor for your needs can be a huge step towards a successful, noise-free project. Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 is the best air compressor for any indoor or outdoor projects.
Was our choice your favorite as well?