Looking to step up your dehydration game a notch?
The Excalibur 3926TB 9-Tray Electric Dehydrator is the first option on this list that fits the professional dehydrator quality level. This industrial food dehydrator offers a number of great features, from nine roomy trays to a large fan, an adjustable thermostat to an auto-off timer.
What can you do with it?
This is a great dehydrator for anything from delicate teas to raw jerky. The heat setting is hot enough to meet the safety standards for slow-cooking meat, so you know your product will be both safe and delicious. This Excalibur model steps up a notch when it comes to customizable settings, as the specs clearly show.
The perfect choice for farmers, hunters, bargain hunters, and others who like to dehydrate large quantities of items at a sitting.
It goes without saying that the Excalibur 3926TB has a lot going for it, but we’re going to say it anyway. Plenty of room, adjustable heat, an auto on/off, and a price that is, while definitely costlier than the entry-level options, still pretty economical.
Overall, it’s an excellent choice in dehydrators for anyone who will be regularly using them in the kitchen for the average price of many small appliances.
Who should and shouldn’t get this?
This is a great choice for anyone with the kitchen space for a larger dehydrator or the cupboard space to put it away when not in use. It’s great for large quantities at once, but a bit too much for those who are only doing small volumes once in a while.
One additional note- the fan can be a bit loud, so if you’re doing high-volume jerky or fruit roll-up production, you may want to consider moving your operation to the garage. The good news is that it’ll shut off all by itself.
What we liked:
- Large, 9-tray dehydrator is great for large crops and the spoils from hunting and fishing trips.
- Adjustable timer offers up to 26 hours of automatic timing for foods
- Choose your temperature to work with delicate, low-temp drying or high, safety-conscious items like jerky.
- 7-watt lower fan blows across all trays with enough power that no tray rotation is needed
- Machine can be used for bread or yogurt in addition to fruit roll-ups, jerky, or dehydrated fruit
What could be better:
- Very large and not styled for attractive looks in the kitchen
- The fan has been reported as loud